Disclaimer: You might have seen this in one of the forward mails. I just added few more points to it.
1. Your address reads as 23-404-32/67A-43 (New MCH number 56-678/4A/B-22), while you actually live in the second house beside Zamzam cafe in lane behind Anand Theatre on
2. You end up buying only a salwar kameez, whether it is a theatre workshop, food mela consumer expo, designer jewellery show, science show or an automobile convention.
3. Your street has at least one roadside mobile hotel that serves Chinese delicacies such as "Vegetable soft needles", "Navrotten Kurma", "Chicken Manchewurea" or "American Chompsee".
4. Your answer is ’seedha chale jao’ when somebody asks you for directions, whether it is to Malakpet, Masab Tank, Malkajgiri or Moosapet.
5. You come across tailors sporting the board: "Immidiot delivery in two days onli."
6.You can speak Hindi, Urdu, hyderabadi hinglish, except Telugu, fluently.
7.You ask the waiter to get you some ’Mango pickle’ even if you are sitting at a lavish continental banquet dinner with exotic Chinese, Mexican,Italin and Lebanese cuisines.
9. You order for a tea just after having had a Caramel custard.
10. You have at least one cousin, friend, colleague or acquaintance in the
11. Everytime somebody gives you a piece of good news, the first thing you ask them is ’Party kab hain?’
12. You refer to any past as ’parso’, be it yesterday or long before three hundred years.
13. You call 11 AM as "subah subah."
14. You label your boss as ’Dimakh Kharab’
15. You are 15 minutes late and you feel you are on time.
16. You look at the fixed price stand and still ask ’dene ka bolo’
17. You are reading this and secretly admitting that you are, after all, a true blue Hyderabadi.....
And a little more to it from my side. You are a hyderabadi if
18. You are at the cross roads waiting for the opposite lane's signal to turn red instead of looking for yours to turn green.
19. You shout at the fellow commuter “Dekh ke nai chal sakthe kya?” after you just jumped the signal and took a right turn where it is not allowed.
20. You run across the busy roads instead of using the foot over bridge...
21. You see a religious construction in the middle of the road and made it an island instead of moving it to the road side.
22. You eat biryani more than white rice.
23. You see a 5-seater auto carrying 20 passengers in it.
24. You can go to a cafe and say "Chotu!! Ek garam chai aur do biskata (biscuits) laarey."
25. You see a manhole in the middle of the road which is way above the road level or below it.
26. Finally, you are a true hyderabadi if even in the midst of all these chaos, you feel like Hyderabad is the best place in this world to live.